Friday, February 13, 2015

Highly Addictive (Dare I Say, Healthy?) Deliciousness -- Black Bean & Feta Salsa

So, I received my Food Network magazine in the mail a few days ago, and I finally had a couple of minutes to flip through it.  Came across this little pullout -- I may try a few of them at some point because they look like yummy, wonderful comfort food.  I mean, who wouldn't want to try Stuffed Italian Meatballs or Jamaican Meatballs or Mole Meatballs.  Not so sure about the Swordfish Meatballs yet, but 1 out of 50 isn't bad.

But instead of posting meatball recipes, I am going to share with you a healthy recipe.  Well....it's healthy if you don't consume the entire bowl of it in one sitting.  Which, I warn you, is a distinct possibility.  It is SO GOOD.  I would say that it's life-changing, but since my last blog was about something that was actually life-changing, I'm going to go with.....paradigm-shifting?  As in, even if you don't like healthy food, you will like this (and I say that as someone who ADORES unhealthy food of many kinds).

Black Bean & Feta Salsa

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar to taste
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained (a normal size can, not a teeny can -- 14 or 15 oz)
8 oz feta cheese
1 bunch scallions, chopped
3 chopped tomatoes (I used Roma)
A few dashes of chili powder and pepper

Whisk first 4 ingredients until blended.  Add the rest, mix well, and chill.  (Easiest. Directions. Ever.  And it even tells you to chill at the end.  I think I will.)

Then try to behave yourself and eat somewhat in moderation.

(Thank you to my dear friend, Nena, who was so kind to share this.)

No comments: